- beyond or above the range of normal or physical human experience: the search for a transcendent level of knowledge
- surpassing the ordinary; exceptional: her transcendent beauty
- (of God) existing apart from and not subject to the limitations of the material universe. Often contrasted with immanent.
- (in scholastic philosophy) higher than or not included in any of Aristotle’s ten categories
- (in Kantian philosophy) not realizable in experience.
Jesus rose from the dead on Easter moring! Now that's definatlly something beyond the range of norma human experience. And yet, its the foundation stone of the Christian faith. And it shows us that God is transcendent. We cannot expect to understand what his purpose is for us. For him nothing is impossible. And so, through faith in him, all things are possible. The challenge is to be ableto truly believe this.