Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Recipe Resort: Peach Sorbet

Welcome to the 'Recipe Resort'- the 'Summer Special' feature where I'll be sharing some of the recipes that I enjoy using during the summer months.

Today, I'll be sharing with you how to make a simple peach sorbet.
The inspiration for this sorbet was the fact that we had several left over peaches that were too far gone to eat but which I didn't want to waste. It was a boiling hot day, so I was looking for a way to make something cool from them. Plus, I had a craving for ice-cream or sorbet. Since my Mum's lactose intolerant I plumped for the sorbet. After searching around the internet I found a simple recipe that could be adapted for the purpose.
The result was a peach sorbet that, whilst not as soft and creamy as shop bought, was certainly melt in the mouth. I see no reason why this couldn't be adapted to use other fruit if necessary.


The recipe

You will need:
  • 100g granulated sugar
  • 200ml water
  • 4 large ripe peaches
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
  1. Put the sugar and water in a pan.Warm on the hob until th sugar dissolves then bring to the boil. Boil for one minute.
  2. Take the resulting syrup off the heat and leave it to cool for 30 minutes. Then place in the fridge to cool for a further hour and a half.
  3. Cut peaches into slices and take out the stones (I like to leave the skins on, but you can peel them if you wish)
  4. Put peach slices into food processer and blend for about a minute.
  5. Add syrup and lemon juice before blending until the mixture is make up of fine pieces in a creamy mix. 
  6. Place in the freezer for at leas 3 hours before serving.

Over to you:
Try and then let us know what you thought of this recipe.


Tomorrow, you can read another 'Activity Suggestion' back on this blog, as well as the first 'Place to Visit' of this 'Summer Special'
 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment